The Best of the 4th July Sales
An All-American Sale: Getting the Most Out of the 4th July Sales
Way back on the 4th July, 1776, our great Founding Fathers declared, “that we hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, and that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of unbelievable bargains”. Those were the days, huh?
Joking aside, the 4th July sales this year, are, as they are every year, going to be absolutely killer. Whether you’re looking for new furniture, new appliances, a TV, games console, clothing or a flashy new laptop, there will be a deal out there to help you out. And, so you don’t have to worry about missing out on those bargains, we've curated some of the best Independence Day deals. out there ahead of time.
As well as that, just in case you’ve got a socially distanced Independence Day celebration planned, we’ve also compiled a list of the best places to pick up patriotic Independence Day decorations, so you can deck out your home in the stars and stripes as much as you please.
Free 30 Day Trial at Tidal
Valid until 12/31/2020
Where to shop for the best 4th July appliance sales
We’ve never quite been sure why (was George Washington really keen on domestic appliances?) but there are always substantial savings to be had on home appliances during the Independence Day sales, whether refrigerators, washing machines or ovens. As you might expect, the best places to go are:
- Home Depot, where last year you could pick up a Whirlpool appliance package for an insane price.
- Walmart, who typically slash the prices of small kitchen appliances like slow cookers for 4th July.
- And Samsung, who are also offer big savings on their appliance packages.
Where to find the best 4th July TV sales
What could be more American? We love TV, and we’re the home of the best of it. And, if yours is looking a bit crusty, or you just quite fancy one of those juicy 4k models, 4th July is a good time to buy, with TV sales galore. The best 4th July sales to shop for a TV in are:
- Best Buy, who in the past have taken up to 50% off the price of some of their HDTVs and home cinemas for Independence Day.
- Walmart, where last year you could find an HDTV from just $199.
- And Abt, who are taking up to 40% off their cost of some of their HDTVs.
The best places to get a laptop in the 4th July sales
As with TVs, the 4th July sales are a very good time to buy a new laptop. With manufacturers starting to bring out their new models in the second half of the year, they want to shift their slightly older models, which means it’s the perfect time to buy a top-end laptop for less. You can get the best deals at:
- Dell. Probably not a surprise, but the computer giant has massive 4th July sales, with very substantial savings to be had.
- HP, who, just like Dell, are cutting prices on their lightweight, high-quality laptops.
Where to restock your wardrobe in the 4th July sales
From a fashion point of view, the 4th July clothing sales could not come at a better time. As we finally enter the real heat of summer, leaving the rainy spring behind, we’re all probably going to need some new summer wear: shorts, shirts, swimwear, sunglasses - whatever, you’ll be able to find it for less around Independence Day. The best store sales to explore are:
- Express, who in the past have offered big savings on their new arrivals during the 4th July sales.
- Kohl’s, where there have been 80% savings in previous 4th July sales - they’ve also got great deals for men.
And something for the house? The best of the 4th July furniture sales
Summer furniture and (odd combo, we know) mattresses are staples of the 4th July sales. So, whether you want to pick up a new grill to BBQ with or a new mattress to rest your weary body on, then the Independence Day sales are a very good time to do so.
- For grills and patio furniture, you’d be hard-pressed to do better than head to the Kohl’s and Home Depot 4th July sales.
- And for mattresses? Mattress Firm, Casper and Macy’s are both great bets.
Celebrating 4th July in style
Besides the sales, it’s always worth giving some thought as to how you’re going to celebrate Independence Day this year. Whether you’re the kind of person who likes to spend it with the family, friends (and beer), or in the community, there are two things you need to consider: how you’re going to make your home as all-American as possible, and what you’re going to feast on.
Kitting yourself out with American flag everything
If you’re looking for 4th July themed decor, whether that’s a 4th July table runner, 4th July paper plates or even patriotic cupcake toppers, then there’s one place you’ll want to shop: Party City.
Getting a feast in on 4th July
Yes, you could go the extra mile and cook yourself up a huge 4th July spread, but this is meant to be a relaxing holiday, not a culinary marathon. We know what we’ll be doing instead - taking advantage of the best 4th July fast food available. Not sure where to go? We’d recommend checking out Postmates, Doordash or GrubHub.